- This event has passed.
The Unexpected Consequences of COVID on our Kids’ Mental Health
October 1 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 pmFree
Please click the link to Join the Webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84791092075
Seeking solutions to the sinister impacts of depression on our teens and adolescents.
Eating · Cutting · Suicide Attempts
- Leigh Aveling, D.Min, Pastoral Counseling and Ethics, Loma Linda University
- Chad Bianco, Sheriff, Riverside County
- Darnell Bing, MA, Academic/Life Associate Counselor, Mt. San Jacinto College
- Jodie Capper, MAT, RN, Health Academy Science Teacher/Behavioral Health Pathway, HOSA and Active Minds Advisor
- Glenn Miller, District for Senator Melissa Melendez and Indio City Council Member
- Thomas Sherwin, MD, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital
Mary Ann Schaepper, MD
Dr. Schaepper is a local and adolescent psychiatric practitioner and has served 25 years in the mental health field. She has extensive experience with psychotuc disorders and dealing with the after-effects of the types of trauma produced in a pandemic. She is a graduate of the Loma Linda University School of Medicine, and served a psychiatry residency at the University of California, Los Angeles.
James Ramos, MBA
Assemblyman Ramos has always been a strong local advocate for mental health initiatives in the California Legislature. A member of the Serrano/Cahuilla tribe, State Assembly. With years of experience in community governance and leadership, he is well positioned to offer counsel on how to mitigate the damage to our children and families as we recover from the COVID pandemic.